The six NAACP Game Changers below address the major areas of inequality facing African Americans that are the focus of the NAACP’s work.
1. Economic Sustainability: A chance to live the American Dream for all
Every person will have equal opportunity to achieve economic success, sustainability, and financial security.
2. Education: A free, high-quality, public education for all
Every child will receive a free, high quality, equitably-funded, public pre-K and K-12 education followed by diverse opportunities for accessible, affordable vocational or university education.
3. Health: Health equality for all Americans including a healthy life and high-quality health care
Everyone will have equal access to affordable, high-quality health care, and racially disparate health outcomes will end.
4. Public Safety and Criminal Justice: Equitable dispensation of justice for all
Disproportionate incarceration, racially motivated policing strategies, and racially biased, discriminatory, and mandatory minimum sentencing will end. Incarceration will be greatly reduced and communities will be safer. The death penalty will be abolished at the state and federal level, as well as in the military.
5. Voting Rights and Political Representation: Protect and enhance voting rights and fair representation
Every American will have free, open, equal, and protected access to the vote and fair representation at all levels of the political process. By protecting democracy, enhancing equity, and increasing democratic participation and civic engagement, African Americans will be proportionally elected to political office.
6. Expanding Youth and Young Adult Engagement
The NAACP is expanding the presence of youth consciousness in every aspect of the Association through significant attention to expanding engagement with key age demographic (1979 and after). Young adult engagement will be key in policy research, development and advocacy on all levels. Greater support is being made to enhance the capacity of local units to recruit, engage, train and retain young adults. Innovative approaches are being taken on young adult membership and program engagement